The CLUEs to following Jesus in all of life:
Every follower of Jesus is expected to grow more and more into the likeness of Jesus. The discipleship framework that we use at River West to define following Jesus in all of life is CLUE: Connect with God, Love Others, Understand Yourself, Engage Your Calling. Each element of CLUE is developed in us as we participate in several key practices or habits. (Note: each habit is taught in the various River West Life Sessions.)
Connect with God
- Consistent and meaningful Bible reading
- Regular and persistent prayer.
- Weekly participation in the gathered community for corporate worship, fellowship and biblical instruction
- Nurturing friendships where meaningful conversation about following Jesus in all of life occurs on a consistent basis.
- Learning to practice Sabbath, the practice of replenishing rest and celebration in community.
When you practice these behaviours you will be learning to relate well to others.
- Developing and living by a Rule of Life: identifying and planning for what matters most to you as a follower of Christ.
- Learning about and practicing the discipline of confession.
When you practice these behaviours you will be learning to reflect well about yourself.
Engage Your Calling
- Develop a clear personal calling statement to get clarity regarding what God has made you for as a follower of Christ.
- Developing strategies to stay on track and/or get unstuck with engaging your calling.
When you practice these behaviours you will be learning to serve well in the church and the world.